Get Tough Or Die

 

January 4, 2023



This global warming AKA climate change is sure looking a lot like nothing has changed a whole lot. We usually can count on a short January thaw but January and February used to have a lot of days of “good limbing”. Good limbing usually meant temperatures between twenty below and ten above. No wonder some want to do away with anything that resembles history. The cold winter months have almost always been and will almost always be cold winter months. The bitter cold is natures way of getting rid of a lot of crop pests and culling the weaker animals and birds.

Mother Nature can be as cruel as anything on this earth She can go right past having a cold heart to none at all. Adapt, get tough or die. Not much to choose from. This old farmer has spent most of life being tough, but lately has chosen to adapt. Part of adapting is living in a state of semi-hibernation. If there is a record for most naps in a day it just might get broken. Usually that involves falling asleep sitting up while watching the telly. Sometimes when just coming out of a nap I notice that my lap is really warm. The first thought is that I am not old enough to have to deal with that yet. Upon regaining consciousness so far one of my “lap-cats” has curled up in my lap for a catnap. They have a lot of heat loss for being so furry but to say I am glad to see them there is an understatement. Having never lived in a house without animals I am totally convinced that a house without them is just a house. Just one opinion.

On a different subject. If you maxed out your credit cards, but you have the ability to raise the credit limit without calling the bank, and you hire people to rob your neighbors to make the monthly payments, you have just figured out Congress and their “debt ceiling.” The fiscal debt ceiling has been raised seventy-eight times since 1960. Is it a coincidence that a group of baboons is called a congress? One needn't imagine the uproar if those five policemen that beat one hundred thirty-five pound Tyre to death were white. Comparing what happened there to George Floyd is comparing apples to oranges. But where are black lives matter when they can’t play the race card? If black lives really matter would Lori Lightfoot still be mayor of Chicago? More than eleven thousand shot and more than three thousand killed in her tenure as mayor pretty much tells the story. Chicago has the most and strictest gun laws in our nation. They mean nothing when only enforced on honest citizens. Last year the total deaths from guns in the U.S. including suicides was about 45,000. Total deaths from medical malpractice in the U.S. was 250,000. You are five and a half times more likely to be killed by a doctor than a gun in the good old U.S.A. Come on man!

Two of the five cops that killed Tyre have gotten to be a major talking point because they weren't properly vetted. Since Biden has been sworn in, there have been more than 1.2 million gotaways at our southern border. It is a very good thing that all they want is to be fine upstanding citizens. Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a meth dealer an undocumented pharmacist. Once you learn to call yourself out on your own bull dung you can start using it as fertilizer for growth. Come on politicians, try leading by example.

Sheldon Larson

P.S. Democrats refused to attend the inauguration of Abraham Lincoln because he had the radical idea to end slavery. If you don’t vote dem you ain’t black!

P.S.S. Hunter Biden earned 156 million dollars from Ukraine corruption. The key word is corruption not earned.

P.S.S.S. If Socialist college professors believed their own propaganda, wouldn’t they teach for free?

P.S.S.S.S. They say life is too short to hold grudges. Life is too short to let people get away with the same crap.

P.S.S.S.S.S. If they say life is too short to hold grudges, life is too short to let people get away with the same crap!

P.S.S.S.S.S.S. If they act like they can live without you. Help them do it.

At my funeral take the bouquet off the coffin and throw it into the crowd to see whose next.

Avoiding certain people to protect your mental health is not weakness. It is wisdom.

After one year 95% of electric vehicles are still on the road. The other 5% made it home. You can hate Trump all you want for putting America first. But, that doesn’t explain why you hate America.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/23/2024 01:58